Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
The 211 Outreach Coordinator plays a critical role in building partnerships within the community and connecting local resources with 211 to further grow our resource database, used by Information and Referral Specialist, Veteran coordinators, and the broader community for information and referral purposes, particularly related to basic needs and veteran specific services. This position will require regular attendance and participation at community and professional networking events that provide opportunities for marketing 211 to individuals who could use our services, as well as discovering new programs that are available to assist them. The Outreach Coordinator works closely with resource staff to analyze the needs of the United Way of Northeast Florida 211’s community resource database in accordance with guidance from the Resource Database Manager and in compliance with the accreditation standards of the Alliance for Information and Referral Services (AIRS).
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Identify agencies offering services in accordance with 211’s Inclusion/Exclusion criteria, and coordinates with resource staff to include new agencies in the community resource database.
- Establishes a deep understanding and familiarity of all 211 operations, services and key data points to effectively educate and convey our purpose and impact regionally
- Establishes and maintains regular communication between new and existing partners and the resource team.
- Proactively networks for new community contacts with the intention of building ongoing, long-term relationships.
- Attends community, regional and/or statewide meetings or events to present on, provide information about and represent 211.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key community leaders, local organizations and businesses to increase the number of new callers to 2‐1‐1.
- Professionally represents 211 as needed at county fairs, transition fairs and community events.
- Maintain a calendar for outreach events.
- Provide timely and accurate records and reports from community outreach efforts
- Invites, adds, and joins social media marketing groups to establish and maintain digital relationships for outreach and recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience/Position Requirements:
- Must be able to pass and maintain Level II DCF background screening
- A.A. or A.S. degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in Marketing or a related field is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and a professional attitude; ability to present to large groups.
- Knowledge and capacity to work effectively with people from diverse professional, cultural and personal backgrounds.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills to represent the organization and interact with outside individuals from the community.
- Strong propensity for critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, and manage multiple priorities on a deadline.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with public and private entities in order to maximize affiliate strategic goals and plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and top social media platforms.
- Adept at learning new technologies, such as telephony and CRM systems.
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. Employee must also be able to pull, push, or lift up to 25lbs. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
UWNEFL reserves the right to adjust work location. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Business needs will determine future work location.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.