Position Summary: United Way of the Plains is seeking our next game changer to oversee the operation of our statewide 211 information & referral call center located in Wichita, KS. This full-time position is made for a person with a passion for helping people find the best resources in their community in their time of crisis and uncertainty. The successful candidate will oversee operations of the call center, including supervision of call specialists, and manage operating metrics to ensure efficient and effective operations and call response quality. At the core level, the successful candidate serves as an advocate and resource to individuals needing help, through referrals to agencies, programs and/or community groups.
- Manage call specialist staff
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place to maintain quality database of agency information used for referrals
- Oversight of database management, including generation of reports to track operating metrics and statistical analysis
- Present the value of 211 to national, state, and local community groups through presentations, membership on committees/groups, and special projects
- Answer calls from general public and provide quality referrals with passion and empathy
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management
- Ability to provide assistance to callers with empathy and respect
- Two years supervisory experience; prior experience in a human service management or call center environment preferred
- Bachelor's degree in social work, social sciences, or related field of study
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional presentation experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong program management skills and/or traits, including decisiveness, problem solving, communication, integrity, time management and effective use of resources
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in productivity software, including Microsoft Outlook and Office
Normal schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., although flexibility required for hours outside of the normal schedule.
Core Competencies for all United Way Professionals
- Mission-Focused: The United Way Professional’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This competency drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: The United Way Professional understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: The United Way Professional understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: The United Way Professional is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good including creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: The United Way Professional is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to Apply:
Submit your cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “211 Coordinator” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: For priority consideration, apply by April 30, 2023; position will remain open until filled.
United Way of the Plains is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
More information about the United Way of the Plains can be found at www.unitedwayplains.org