211 Community Resource Specialist
Position Title: United Way 211 Community Resource Specialist
Reports to: United Way 211 Director
Wage: $19.23 hour
Position Status: Full time, Non-Exempt.
Send Resumé to: Gail Holton, Director 211 Gail@UnitedWayLee.org
The Community Resource Specialist is the direct liaison with people seeking information and help from health and human service programs. It is the responsibility of the Community Resource Specialist to work with those in need of services to ensure that they receive prompt and accurate information regarding human services. This communication will often require problem solving and follow-up services.
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality Information and Referral Services to both individuals and agencies.
- Conduct comprehensive needs and service assessments via telephone, email, or IM/Chat.
- Assist/screen clients applying for various programs including Affordable Healthcare, Help Me Grow, Mission United, VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance), Medicaid, and Food Stamps.
- Assist clients and agencies with problem solving to arrive at helpful solutions. Types of calls will include basic needs, mental health (possible suicide threats), homelessness and medical requests.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Accurately document client assessments and referrals in program data system.
- Perform follow-up procedures to assure quality of service delivery.
- Emergency Response- all employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency as needed. During an Emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location, and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
- Four-year degree in Human Service-related field preferred or two-year degree with equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in stressful situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and diverse working relationships.
- Proficiency in database systems and Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- A knowledge of community resources and services in Southwest Florida is preferred.
Some travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Certifications, License, Background Checks, Drug Screens
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Drug screening is required.
- Level 2 criminal background screening is mandatory.
Direct Reports- none
Physical Requirements& Working Conditions
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. There may be additional physical requirements associated with department meetings/events. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requires talking, hearing, and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions. Occasionally, the work of this position is spent at offsite meetings, or event locations within Lee, Hendry, or Glades County.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment, including occasional off-site venues, and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. Some evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
United Way is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship.
Terms of employment are subject to satisfactory negative drug testing as part of our drug-free workplace program. Level II background screening will be conducted because of the nature of the position. Applicants may be asked to take an online skills assessment.
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers.
- Working with diverse staff and other constituents
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community’s toughest problems.
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience.
- Paid Health and Dental Insurance for employee, 401K, and Monthly Accrued PTO
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience