As the area's premier impact organization, United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region serves as a catalyst to increase the community's capacity to improve the lives of its citizens. Our aim is to support nonprofits in our region through investing in social change, recruiting and managing volunteers and providing economically disadvantaged individuals with basic necessities, material goods and professional training. We fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community. We pride ourselves in having a culture in which staff, interns and volunteers can voice their ideas.
Diversity is a core value at United Way. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment for staff, volunteers, and community members. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us continue building capacity for our DEI work.
*Please note this internship will be In Person*
Key Responsibilities: This intern will work within the Community Impact Department to assist with the administrative tasks, community outreach and engagement related to our DEI work.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Community Impact
Key Performance Metrics:
- Provide support to the Sr. Director of Community Impact for work conducted on behalf of the Community Impact Department
- Integrate information and prepare meeting agendas and goal setting for our DEI Committee
- Help to ensure that all UW events and meetings are accessible
- Become familiarized with and utilize the United Way Worldwide Equity Framework in all assigned tasks and projects
- Assist with creating and posting social media content for related DEI topics
- Assist in building and planning our annual equity challenging
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge, interest, and committed of social issues and creating diverse, equitable and inclusive communities and workplaces
•Interest in nonprofit and community outreach work
•Attention to detail
•Strong computer & internet skills
To Apply: Email your Resume to Melissa Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org