Are you are passionate about moving your community forward and changing lives for the better? Ready to join a strong, committed, and impact-oriented team with an opportunity to grow and develop your career with leadership, sales, management, and presentation skills? Want to make valuable business connections?
United Way of York County, located in Kennebunk, Maine, is looking to fill competitively compensated, temporary Campaign Associate position(s). This position is perfect for a recent college grad or a self-motivated individual looking to transition careers or to get started and gain valuable connections in the nonprofit field.
United Way of York County (UWYC) improves lives by mobilizing people and resources every day. UWYC is seeking energetic, enthusiastic, and creative self-starters to join our organization on a TEMPORARY (August 28- November 15th) basis as Campaign Associates (CA). Campaign Associates function as extensions of United Way’s fundraising staff in coordinating, implementing, and managing successful employee campaigns within York County businesses and nonprofits.
Each Campaign Associate must have the ability to manage many tasks at a fast-moving pace, have excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Each CA must continually project the professional image of the organization, as well as excitement and motivation for the work we do. The ability to utilize office equipment (i.e. copiers, computers, etc.) and computer software (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) is essential. A current drivers’ license with full-time access to an automobile is required.
Campaign Associates are required to successfully complete a week-long training program starting Wednesday, August 28th.
Applicants must include a cover letter along with a resume explaining your interest in working on temporary basis for a nonprofit and highlight your work experience related to this role. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Job Type: Temporary from August 28th to November 15th.
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Please include a letter of interest with your resume.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.