The Clallam Resilience Project’s vision is a collaborative, community-wide effort of empowerment to foster a resilient Clallam County, including its residents, organizations, community, and systems. Our work is supported by the United Way of Clallam County and includes partnerships with school districts, tribes, state and Clallam County agencies, health care networks, and local, private non-profit organizations. Our mission is to build resilience through fostering trauma sensitive care and expanding the understanding of NEAR sciences (Neuroscience, Epigenetics, Adverse Childhood Experiences, and Resilience) for the benefit of Clallam County. Our mission is achieved through foundation laying, building our path, growing our reach, and new endeavors. Our current programming includes: providing outreach and education to the public by hosting events like training collaborative learning academies, film screenings, and participating in health fairs and local events; developing opportunities for agencies and community members to learn, network, build capacity, and develop unique partnerships; applying for and coordinating funding; gathering and evaluating participant evaluations; and assessing and reporting on desired project outputs. The VISTA will be a member of United Way of Thurston County’s VISTA team, made up of 19 other VISTA members and supported by the VISTA Leader, who coordinates professional development opportunities, provides individualized support and resources, and supports the program’s success.
Member Duties : The ’20-‘21 Resiliency Learning and Outreach VISTA Coordinator will design and strengthen Clallam Resilience Project’s outreach and capacity building for our project and partners to support the building of resilience through fostering trauma sensitive care. The VISTA will familiarize themselves with, assess, and evaluate our project and local efforts to support the effective development of the project’s educational plan, implementation, and sustainability. The VISTA will launch online and in-person outreach about trauma sensitive care by celebrating successes, supporting individual partners, and enhancing the collaboration of community organizations. The collective efforts in understanding and engaging in trauma sensitivity is also developing anti-poverty capacity building for agencies and our community.
Program Benefits : Childcare assistance if eligible , Training , Living Allowance , Cell phone reimbursement, mileage , Health Coverage* , Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend .
United Way of Clallam County envisions living in a place where everyone is supported socially, economically and in their physical and mental health. Our Mission is to strengthen our community by helping people live safe, healthy, and productive lives.
- We do this by:
- Being a constructive voice for human service needs in Clallam County.
- Providing a way for people to give, advocate and volunteer in our community.
- Leading collaborative, community-wide efforts to obtain and provide resources to enhance community well-being.
Funds raised in Clallam County go to programs and projects addressing three main areas: Education, Economic Mobility and Health.
We do this so that our community advances learning at all levels; achieves greater financial stability and improves physical and mental well-being.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.