Role: 2-1-1NY was founded in 1999 to plan for, implement, and oversee, a telephone-based information and referral system in New York State using the 2-1-1 telephone number. 2-1-1 connects people with health and human services in their community. 2-1-1 also allows localities in the state to assess needs and allocate resources based on data gleaned from contacts. The 2-1-1NY system promises to be available 365 days per year, twenty-four-hours per day. The 2-1-1NY Director will work with established 2-1-1 lead organizations and contact centers and report to and support the work of the 2-1-1NY Board of Directors and the President of 2-1-1NY. The Director will be supervised by the President of 2-1-1NY who is also the CEO of the United Way of New York State.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. The 2-1-1NY Director must have a minimum of three years experience with Information and Referral operations or related experience, and knowledge of AIRS Standards. S/he should have experience working with a Board of Directors, contract management, financial analysis, advocacy, and public relations, and possess administrative skills. The ideal Director needs to be able to communicate effectively and work well with people representing different interests, have good mediation skills, and be able to facilitate meetings. The Director needs to be detail oriented and sensitive to deadlines. Preference given to persons living in New York State. Computer capability and remote working skills are required.
- Provide statewide coordination to the system of 2-1-1 lead organizations and contact centers in New York State.
- Assure that 2-1-1 services are available 365 days, 24 hours a day.
- Assist in keeping 2-1-1 technological capabilities updated to facilitate ease of engagement by those seeking information and referral. Assess and coordinate the needs of contact centers for technological enhancement.
- Represent the 2-1-1NY system with statewide health information systems and stay abreast of related organizations including AIRS, CIE and United Way Worldwide.
- Oversee statewide contracting process of state government and sub-contracts with 2-1-1NY lead organizations
- Represent 2-1-1NY in national meetings and conference calls.
- Maintain on-going engagement with the network advisory team members and provide regular reports on management and board activities.
- Participate in meetings with state and local officials
- Coordinate network input for the development of standards, policies, procedures, protocols for the statewide 2-1-1 network. (e.g., Governance agreement, Partner site, Database Partner guidelines, Minimal requirements for Partner sites, Logo Usage, Emergency Back-Up MOU / Databook, etc.)
- Support work of the 2-1-1NY Board as assigned by the President of 2-1-1NY/CEO of United Way of New York State including but not limited to:
- Advise on agenda items
- Prepare materials for Board packet
- Distribute materials prior to quarterly meetings
- Review 2-1-1 applications and re-certification documents, and make recommendations to the Board re the applications and re-certifications
- Respond to inquiries about 2-1-1
- Organize 2-1-1 stake holders in statewide advocacy activities
- Write, update, and revise materials for distribution and for the website.
Benefits: The 2-1-1NY Director position will be full time. Salary commensurate with experience. Health and retirement benefits will be available.
Send questions or a cover letter with resume and 2 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org