MILE HIGH UNITED WAY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
COMMUNITY RESOURCE NAVIGATOR
Working side-by-side with the community, Mile High United Way takes on the biggest, most complex issues facing Metro Denver. Our united approach changes the odds for the children, families, and individuals in our community, and moves them out of poverty. We do this because we believe every child has the right to a safe and stimulating place to learn, and that when every youth in Metro Denver graduates prepared for a career or college, our community is stronger. We also know that when people don't have their most basic needs met, longer-term goals, like finding financial stability, are out of reach. And when we work together, we make a lasting, sustainable impact on our community.
The Community Resource Navigator l, assists Mile High United Way in providing the most accessible and highest quality comprehensive customer service and screening services to our local community. Community Resource Navigator l's work within an inbound/outbound contact center, accurately collecting client information and demographics, and assisting clients and identifying community resources within health and human services. In doing so, Community Resource Navigator l's ensure effective, timely and quality communication reflecting care and concern for each community member you serve.
- Responsible for providing needed information and resources to clients via phone, text, chat, email and/or face to face conversations.
- Collect client information and demographics as defined by department standards to accurately assess eligibility of resources
- Resolve escalated client concerns and crises on an as need basis.
- Identify possible solutions to client's complex case scenarios.
- Engage with agency partners to support the needs of clients and community members.
- Provide accurate information, assessments, referrals and advocacy to all clients
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and identify and recommend improvements for quicker and more efficient customer service delivery.
- Follow up with select clients on a weekly basis to capture outcomes and alternative options.
- Support deadlines to complete assigned projects and new initiatives in a quality and timely manner
- Required to assist in disaster/crisis response activities within and outside of normal business hours
- Learn new policies, procedures and contracts on an as need basis.
- Must achieve AIRS Certified Information & Referral Specialist Certification within 6 months of eligibility
- Must be able to telecommute as assigned
- Act as an organization liaison at community fairs, meetings, and presentations within and outside of normal business hours
- Assists Resource team on discrepancies with agency information
- Associates Degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required
- English/Spanish bilingual highly preferred
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred working in a Contact Center or Human Services related field providing Customer Service.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, staff and community leaders
- Demonstrated experience completing assignments and projects on time
- Demonstrated experience working a in a fast-paced environment and shifting gears quickly to accommodate change.
- Ability to deal calmly, patiently and effectively with tense situations.
- Ability to express empathy when working and communicating with diverse client populations
- Demonstrated experience handling client's requests and addressing potential obstacles by being resourceful
Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Shift hours may vary by day of the week. The Community Resource Navigators are required to assist in crisis response activities, which may include working on weeknights and/or weekends per assigned shifts. Operates a computer for extended periods of time.
TO APPLY - Please visit Mile High United Way Career Opportunties
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.