Position Title: 2-1-1 Call Center Representative (a.k.a. Community Resource Navigator, 2-1-1)
Salary: $16.51 per hour + benefits eligible
Location: See "How You'll Help"
Schedule: Hiring full-time and part-time positions to support call center's 8am 5pm, M-F hours of operations. Part-time schedules are usually for 9am 3pm, M-F.
This role might be right for you if...
- You are comfortable working in a call center environment
- You are a friendly, people-person and love connecting clients with community resources
- You are highly efficient with online software and tools
- You are able to work remotely (technology equipment provided, other than internet access)
How You'll Help
2-1-1 is a free, nationwide, and confidential service that connects individuals with community resources and information. Mile High United Way's 2-1-1 Help Center serves nearly 70% of Colorado's population. Every year we help tens of thousands of people in Colorado navigate a complex web of resources ranging from child care to tax preparation assistance to basic needs like food, shelter, and rental assistance.
Our 2-1-1 Help Center primarily operates as an inbound and outbound call center, and this position spends most of their time answering calls, accurately collecting caller/client information and demographics, and assisting callers by identifying community resources within health and human services.
This position usually works out of our Denver office (711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205); however, this position will initially work remotely as we continue to respond to COVID-19 and follow CDC recommendations. Future and continuing remote work arrangements may be possible if agreed upon by the employee and their supervisor. Occasional remote work will be required, especially in times of inclement weather.
- Responsible for providing needed information and resources to clients via phone, text, chat, email and/or face to face conversations.
- Collect client information and demographics as defined by department standards to accurately assess eligibility of resources
- Resolve escalated client concerns and crises on an as need basis. Identify possible solutions to client's complex case scenarios.
- Engage with agency partners to support the needs of clients and community members.
- Provide accurate information, assessments, referrals and advocacy to all clients
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and identify and recommend improvements for quicker and more efficient customer service delivery.
- Follow up with select clients on a weekly basis to capture outcomes and alternative options.
What You'll Need: Education, Experience, and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred working in a Contact Center or Human Services related field providing Customer Service.
- English/Spanish bilingual required for certain position seats.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, staff and community leaders
- Demonstrated experience working a in a fast-paced environment and shifting gears quickly to accommodate change.
- Ability to deal calmly, patiently and effectively with tense situations.
- Ability to express empathy when working and communicating with diverse client populations
- Demonstrated experience handling client's requests and addressing potential obstacles by being resourceful
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office; Salesforce experience a plus
- Mile High United Way's 2-1-1 Help Center's hours of operations are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Staff schedules may vary within the hour of operations to ensure adequate coverage.
- This position is required to assist in crisis response, which may require occasional working on weeknights and or weekends per assigned shifts.
- Regular remote work opportunities may be available, in accordance with Mile High United Way's Telecommuting policies.
- In addition to regular remote possibilities, this position will be required to occasionally work remotely, especially in times of inclement weather. As such, this position must have or be able to obtain a high-speed internet connection. Technology (laptop, monitor, dock, headset) for remote work, excluding internet connection, will be provided by Mile High United Way.
Physical Activities: Operates a computer and phone for extended periods of time.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.