Role: Manager, 2-1-1 Call Center
Reports to: Director, Call Center
The Manager is responsible for creating a culture of operational excellence, where customer experience and outcomes is the motivational force. The incumbent will be accountable for managing and motivating call center supervisors to ensure the team delivers on call center balanced scorecard goals and Key Performance Indicators. This role plans and executes training for staff at all levels in the call center, assesses training needs, designs, updates and delivers training using a variety of instructional techniques. The manager functions with minimal supervision and utilizes sound judgement to plan and achieve the assigned tasks/goals.
- Leads, coaches and develops Call Center Supervisors to ensure center operational goals are achieved.
- Under guidance of the Director, effectively implements call center strategies and special initiatives.
- Ensures clear goals, objectives and performance standards are communicated and implemented across all levels of the contact center.
- Coaches supervisory staff to increase levels of quality, productivity and morale.
- Monitors reports and call center metrics to tract productivity toward goals (adherence, service level, etc.).
- Assesses training needs of staff, and identifies when refresher training may be necessary.
- Design, develop/update and deliver trainings that align with business needs by partnering with SME's.
- Facilitate training programs for new and existing staff, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats (training manuals, job aids, online training), to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer and skills.
- Report on training effectiveness by using various evaluative techniques and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths, and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
- Communicates Effectively
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Learning
- Drives for Results
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Inclusion
- Ability to provide guidance, direction, and motivation to create a high performing team
- Ability to develop technical and/or professional educational content, including trainer guides, worksheets, handouts, and assessments/evaluations
- Ability to provide training that is tailored to an individual's learning style and performance improvement needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, frequent interruptions and stressful situations with calmness
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Bachelor's degree in business, non-profit, social work or a related field; certification in instructional design preferred
- 2+ years in contact center management; demonstrated business, operational and procedural knowledge of a 24/7 contact center
- 2+ years in development and delivery of trainings
United Way for Southeastern Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.